With over 40 junior members, Chislehurst Golf Club is providing our juniors with the opportunity to learn to play golf and improve their skills, whilst familiarising themselves with the rules and etiquette of the game.
Our structured programme offers the perfect guide to learning golf and obtaining a handicap while making new friends in a supportive and safe environment.
The Chislehurst Junior Golf Academy is an instruction led course to provide juniors between the age of 11 and 18 with the opportunity to learn the game of golf and play with other junior members before ‘graduating’ to a full playing member.
The Junior Academy includes:
- 1 x equipment suitability assessment using HD simulators
- 2 x ½ hour lessons with the Professional during the first year (for over 11s)
- Junior bag tag allowing access to the course at restricted playing times
- Ability to play in singles games with other members who have a handicap (during restricted playing times)
- Coaching on rules of golf and etiquette
- Regular roll-up and social events.
After 3 cards are produced and a handicap received, a Junior Academy member can graduate to Junior Member (HCP 18-54). A Junior member with 18-54 HCP can continue to improve their skills by having restricted access to course (under supervision for boys over 28 HCP, girls over 36 HCP) and be allowed to join Junior competitions.
Junior members under the age of 11 may play in singles games with other members who have a handicap during restricted playing times. They will automatically become members of the Junior Academy on reaching the age of 11 if they have not already gained a handicap.
Junior members with low handicaps can graduate to Junior Plus membership by agreement of the Junior Organiser, the Professional and the Membership Director.
Junior Plus members have full use of the golf course and can play in men’s or ladies’ competitions (as appropriate). Note that Juniors playing in competitions must always play with an adult member.
Junior membership also includes many of the benefits enjoyed by the Club’s playing and social members, including:
- No requirement to book tee times (but note that Juniors members must report into the Professional prior to play)
- Access to the Clubhouse and its splendid surroundings
- 10% discount on bar food and drink (20% off drinks on Club Night)
- The Club’s varied and full calendar of entertainment and events
- Regular communications on what’s going on and coming up at the Club
- Significantly discounted family golf and social membership rates
- No joining fee.
Note: Age is at the start of our membership year (1st June) and junior members may only bring guests with prior permission of the Professional.
Club Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
Chislehurst Golf Club takes safeguarding and child protection very seriously and has established comprehensive policies and procedures that set-out the standards we wish to uphold while providing activities for children and safeguarding their welfare while children are in our care.
If you have any concerns or if you would like more information on this matter, please contact the General Manager or our appointed Children’s Welfare Liaison Officer.