Chislehurst Golf Club’s home is its magnificent Clubhouse, Camden Place, which was built around 1717 and was, for a while during the 1870s, the home of Napoleon III, Empress Eugenie and their son the Prince Imperial.
The Clubhouse, with its high ceilings and its historic grandeur, is a particularly elegant building creating a special atmosphere for golfing and social functions of which there are many throughout the year. In addition members and their families are able to use the clubhouse facilities, including four function rooms, for special private functions including wedding receptions, birthday and anniversary celebrations and christening parties.
The Clubhouse has three bars to accommodate golfers and more formal occasions alike and is available, by arrangement, for various visiting functions including wedding receptions and parties. In the summer a west-facing terrace is ideal for relaxing over a drink and a bar meal while recounting tales of golfing glory from the day, watching colleagues putt out on the 18th green.
Some of our lounges are decorated with original wall paintings and wall coverings of considerable historical interest and the Dining Room retains its original oak panelling. Sundays see the impressive dining room packed out at lunch time. By arrangement, members frequently make use of the excellent facilities for private celebrations.
In addition we have a Snooker Room which is available to the members at all times when the Clubhouse is open and the Bridge Club meets regularly, both during the day and for supper/bridge evenings.
Supplementing the strong Ladies' and Men's membership, Juniors are also made very welcome and indeed the members, together with our accomplished professional team, encourage the Juniors from the grass roots and onwards.
Our very enthusiastic Social Committee organise regular functions throughout the year offering mixed entertainment from monthly Club Nights and themed parties to our annual Summer Ball.